Jessica Vogelsang, DVM, a certified veterinary journalist and writer for DVM360 magazine, said it best when she said ;
“We live at a turning point in history when it comes to technology, and the future of veterinary medicine is overflowing with possibility and opportunity. There’s only one thing standing in the way: veterinarians.”
How many veterinarians out there have a class 3 or 4 LLLT device sitting in a closet? How many have worked in a practice that actively uses this laser? How do they accommodate it?
These things are required by OSHA for Class IIIA, B and Class IV lasers.
- An ANSI DANGER sign (American National Standard Institute)
- Laser safety training /Laser Safety Officer
- Controlled Beam Area / Beam stop of appropriate material
- Appropriate laser protective eye wear / specific for laser in use.
- Beam path must be located and secured above or below eye level for any standing or seated position in the facility
- All Open portals, windows and doorways shall be covered.
- Required storage or disabling of laser when not in use.
- A clearly marked “Panic Button” that allows rapid cut-off of the laser.
- Entryway controls including screens and warning lights
- Written Standard Operating Procedures
It is no wonder many of these lasers are put in a closet and not used. Do you feel safe using these lasers in your practice? Are you keeping your patients and clients safe? Were you told of all of these requirements when you bought that powerful and dangerous lasers? How many 10’s of thousands were spent on each of these machines?
read about OSHA’s regulations here
and the FDA laser class category here
Smarter Technology, Smarter Choice
Third Generation devices have lead the term Photobiomodulation to be added to The National Library of Medicine to alleviate the inconsistent terminology for LLLT, along with a new definition.:
Photobiomodulation is “A form of light therapy that utilizes non-ionizing forms of light sources, including lasers, LEDs, and broadband light, in the visible and infrared spectrum. It is a non-thermal process involving endogenous chromophores eliciting photophysical (i.e., linear and nonlinear) and photochemical events at various biological scales. This process results in beneficial therapeutic outcomes including but not limited to the alleviation of pain or inflammation, immunomodulation, and promotion of wound healing and tissue regeneration.”
Whether or not you were a believer of LLLT .. Here’s the thing..
The Technology behind photobiomodulation works, and is now understood, thanks to third generation devices that safely allow double blind studies to be conducted without the thermal effects of the class III and IV lasers.
First, let’s dispel some myths of what Photobiomodulation is not;
- It is dangerous; Unlike Class III and Class IV Lasers of the past, New Photobiomodulation Devices are one of the safest modalities of medicine available. With thousands of studies and many double blind peer reviewed studies, Photobiomodulation has set a new standard of Power, effectiveness and safety. Due to Super Pulsed Technology, this new modality has the ability to deliver the needed photons even deeper, while maintaining a Class I safety status with the FDA.
- I can only get power with a Class III or IV. Achieving the proper combination of power, wavelength and time, Multi Radiance Medical has developed Super pulsed technology with the synergy of three unique wavelengths and a magnetic field. Studies have shown this combination to be more effective and more powerful then Class IV lasers, but without the thermal build up, creating a new, safe and effective modality of medicine.
- I don’t have the space or time. With a Multi Radiance Medical ActiVet Laser, you no longer need to have a designated room, signage, or special training, You do not even have to wear goggles. MRM has partnered with VET Folio and Laser University, and offers laser therapy CE courses, along with technical support and handy protocol manuals, making MRM Lasers user friendly and convenient to use. This cordless technology fits into your lab coat pocket.
Better Science, Better Outcome
Veterinary Medicine, even with new technology, will always be about a relationship, and what better way than to include your client in the care of the patient in the comfort of their own home?
By tapping into this technology , you are allowing yourself to practice better medicine, to provide the best care and a better life to your patients, and, to capitalize on passive income while expanding client relationships.
Multi Radiance Medical Photobiomodulation units are designed to give Veterinarians control of treatment, while allowing clients to participate in their pets recovery. By renting a My Pet Laser to their clients, Veterinarians are able to prescribe and control the number and location of treatments, and increases client / patient compliance.
MRM provides rental agreement templates for your practice, which allows capture of credit card information to protect the practice in case of damage or theft. If the client decides they want to purchase the My Pet Laser, the practice has options to create another profit center and expand their fleet of rental units.
There are practices nationwide that keep growing their rental program and have seen a return on their investment in as little as 8 weeks.
Trade in your class 3 and 4 lasers and create a new marketing and business model that has proven to be successful in the kinder, compassionate and compliant approach that can set your practice apart.
Click here to contact a representative about Multi Radiance Medical’s trade in offer, or to learn how you can offer better medicine to your patients, have less compliant issues and improve client relationships. Don’t stand in your own way!